RoVeR 2 and her sister vessel Resolute, were launched in 2017 after being custom built to the groups specifications. The vessels are identical in their fitouts apart from their drive systems. RoVeR 2 is fitted with twin Suzuki outboard motors, as opposed to Resolute’s inboard diesels.
Both vessels boast state of the art equipment specifications, to ensure they are prepared for a variety of SAR requirements. This equipment includes a vast array of navigational electronics, radio direction finder, HD thermal night vision camera and shock mitigating seating for crew safety. Both vessels are also built, equipped and operate in AMSA NSCV 2C Survey.
- Hull Type: Catamaran
- Construction: Vacuum Resin Infused GRP
- Builder: Shockwave Powercats
- Launched: 2017
- Length (Moulded): 9m
- Beam: 3m
- Engines: 2x Suzuki Outboards
- Power: 2x 325HP
- Drive: Outboard with duoprops
- Top Speed: 40kts
- Cruise Speed: 25kts
- Endurance: 12hrs
- Fuel Capacity: 800L
- Electronics: Chartplotters, Autopilot, Radar, HD FLIR Thermal Camera, VHF Radio Direction Finder, AIS Class B.
- Communications: 2x VHF, 27Mhz, fixed Satellite Phone, Onboard 4G & WiFi.