Resolute and her sister vessel RoVeR 2, were launched in 2017 after being custom built to the groups specifications. The vessels are identical in their fitouts apart from their drive systems. Resolute is fitted with Volvo Penta inboard turbo diesel engines, driving through duoprop sterndrives.
Both vessels boast state of the art equipment specifications, to ensure they are prepared for a variety of SAR requirements. This equipment includes a vast array of navigational electronics, radio direction finder, HD thermal night vision camera and shock mitigating seating for crew safety. Both vessels are also built, equipped and operate in AMSA NSCV 2C Survey.
- Hull Type: Catamaran
- Construction: Vacuum Resin Infused GRP
- Builder: Shockwave Powercats
- Launched: 2017
- Length (Moulded): 9m
- Beam: 3m
- Engines: 2x Volvo Penta D4
- Power: 2x 300HP
- Drive: Stern Drives with Duoprops
- Top Speed: 38kts
- Cruise Speed: 25kts
- Endurance: 16hrs
- Fuel Capacity: 800L
- Electronics: Chartplotters, Autopilot, Radar, HD FLIR Thermal Camera, VHF Radio Direction Finder, AIS Class B.
- Communications: 2x VHF, 27Mhz, fixed Satellite Phone, Onboard 4G & WiFi.